Becoming An Airbnb Host
If you are thinking of joining the Airbnb community and hosting your full apartment, a private room in your home or a shared space, the most important thing to know is how much you can make. As an Airbnb host, you are always in control of prices, house rules and how much you want to interact with your guests but you’ll also want to make sure you stay competitive.
How Do I Become An Airbnb Host?
Becoming an Airbnb host is easier than you might think. Once you have your space properly decorated and ready to go, you can become a host and get it up and running. When you are ready to run your Airbnb the steps are as follows:
1. List your space for free
2. Decide how you want to host - create your schedule, prices, settings and requirements for guests.
3. Welcome your first guest!
Will I Be Protected As An Airbnb Host?
Anyone that is opening their home to strangers wants to know how they and their home will be protected. To ease your mind, BiggerPockets will share some of the ways that Airbnb protects their hosts:
- Airbnb covers every booking with 1 million dollars in property damage.
- Airbnb covers every booking with another 1 million in insurance against accidents.
- All guests are required to provide certain information before they can make a reservation. This information includes phone number, email address and a valid ID.